Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where does Eclipse store its launch configurations?

It's a simple question, and the answer is out there on the net, but it took me awhile to find it. Eclipse launch configurations at the workspace level are stored in .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core\.launches.

I had assumed they were in org.eclipse.jdt.core and completely bypassed the debug package while searching around for it on my filesystem. Obviously that was a mistake!

Note that this refers to launch configurations saved by Eclipse as you work. You can also save your configurations to an external file, using the "common" tab of the run dialog, and saving to a "shared file".

4 comments:

Maroloccio said...

Thank you for this quick pointer to the right location. I needed to find this folder quickly and had no access to bash (grep -R) so I Googled and found it on your blog.

Aaron said...

Good stuff mate, this helped me right and I'm sure it saved me a ton of time.

Chris said...

yeah, odd that this tidbit isn't more widely reported, thanks for posting!

qayshp said...

For the record, the configuration is stored in the workspace directory. Discovered this because a project I was working on was not in the workspace directory and I couldn't find the file.

Eclipse 3.7.1 on OS X 10.7
/path/to/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches